Tuesday 2 April 2013

Anubis Ark

Something I haven't practised much in 3D is replicating organic shapes. Well, a lot of Egyptian gods are animalistic and anthropomorphic, so I have to give it a go!

One of the treasures of Tutankhamun's tomb is a large ark with a reclining statue of Anubis in animal form, a jackal-like species of dog. The box and base are easy enough, but the statue is providing quite a challenge, especially since ancient Egyptians seem to have been quite particular about the proportions of their statues.
So far I have the body and forelimbs. The body began as a cylinder, as did the shoulders before they were merged with the main mesh. The hindlimbs will probably work fine as cylinders too, but the head is where I'm unsure. I may use another cylinder, but I might get better results with a sphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment